Food Tip: When building a soup, be sure to use only one main vegetable. Too many varieties of vegetables will turn the soup an off color and the flavors become muddled when puréed.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 lbs. zucchini, sliced ¼ -inch thick
4 cups reduced sodium, fat free, organic chicken broth
1 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
¼ cup fat-free half and half or low fat milk
¼ tsp. chili powder
Freshly ground black pepper
½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. basil, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in large soup pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add zucchini, chicken broth and basil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes.
4. Puree soup in batches in blender or blend with immersion blender.
5. Return soup to pot and reheat. Reduce to a simmer and add fat free half and half and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls and top each bowl with a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with fresh basil.