It’s hard to believe that this tart is made with Greek yogurt. Draining the yogurt gives it an even richer, thicker texture, similar to cream cheese. Try making this tart with a variety of summer fruits: blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, peeled peaches, nectarines, apricots or even your favorite mix.
- 2 (6 oz.) non-fat vanilla Greek yogurts (drained for 2 hours)
- 1 cup rolled oats (raw oatmeal)
- 2 Tbsp. wheat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. chopped pecans or almonds
- ¼ cup no trans fat margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 1 Tbsp. agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Place two paper towels over sieve and add yogurt, placing over small bowl to drain.
3. In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, nuts, margarine, and vanilla. Mix well with fork or fingers. Spray 9-inch tart pan with nonstick spray and press crumbs evenly on side and bottom of tart pan.
4. Bake 20 minutes until crust is lightly browned. Cool completely.
5. Spoon drained yogurt over the cooled crust, spreading evenly.
6. Place berry halves in circular pattern, starting on the outside working in.
7. Brush tops of berries with agave syrup. Top with sprinkle of orange zest.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.