This simply prepared salmon entrée is served atop nutrient-rich lentils and sautéed spinach for an easy weeknight dinner.
Ingredients for Salmon
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or grape-see oil
- 4 salmon filets (4-5 oz each)
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Directions for Salmon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Dry filets with paper towel and season lightly with sea salt and pepper. Place heavy, oven proof sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil and swirl around pan to coat evenly.
- Place filets in pan and sear for 3 minutes. Turn over and repeat on other side.
- Whisk honey and Dijon mustard in small bowl until well mixed.
- Spoon sauce over fish and place skillet in oven to roast in oven for 5-7 minutes, until fish is opaque and flakey.
- To serve, spoon lentils onto the middle of plate and top with salmon filet.
Ingredients for Lentil and Spinach
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups yellow or red lentils, rinsed
- 1 qt reduced-sodium, organic chicken broth
- 16 oz spinach or kale, chopped
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions for Lentils and Spinach
- Heat medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until onions are soft and slightly golden.
- Add lentils and chicken broth to sauté pan, bring to a boil, and then simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and add spinach or kale and continue to simmer, uncovered, for 10 additional minutes until lentils are tender. Season with salt and pepper.