A simple, yet elegant pasta dish packed with vitamin-rich green vegetables.
- 14.5 oz high protein tagliolini or linguini pasta
- 1 head of leek
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 2 cups organic chicken stock
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp margarine
- Sea salt and white pepper to taste
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tsp salt.
- Peel the leeks, cutting about 3″ of the white stem. Cut lengthwise and julienne to little strings; set aside.
- Remove the tips from the green beans and cut in half. Blanch the beans in the pot of water until al dente. Remove and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add 1-1 1/2 cups of chicken stock to a boil, then add the leeks. Cook about 2-3 minutes then add the green beans and spinach. Cook 1 additional minute. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Once water has begun to boil, add the pasta and cook about 6-8 minutes or until al dente and strain. Add the pasta to the chicken broth and let absorb. Add margarine and mix.
- Serve in a plate or bowl and garnish with parmesan cheese.