Adding balsamic vinegar to fresh strawberries helps enhance the flavor and compliments the sweetness of the fruit. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt for the perfect spring treat.
- 3 pints strawberries
- 1 tbsp. no trans fat margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 quarts low-sugar and/or low-fat vanilla ice cream, for sundaes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut strawberries in half or quarters.
- Melt margarine in microwave bowl on low power, about 10 seconds.
- Add vanilla, sugar and balsamic vinegar to melted butter, whisk until smooth.
- Toss with berries to coat.
- Place berries in 9×13 inch baking dish and roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or frozen yogurt as a sundae.