Add color and depth to your salad with roasted, multi-color cauliflower!
- 1 large head of purple or yellow cauliflower, cored and cut into 1 1/2 in florets
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 sprigs of thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp lemon zest, plus juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. capers
- 3 cups baby kale
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 6 thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place all but 1 cup of cauliflower florets on rimmed baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil, thyme, chopped garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Mix well. Spread out cauliflower into a single layer and roast in oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Mix remaining olive oil, water, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, and capers in a small bowl to create a dressing. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the remaining 1 cup of cauliflower. Set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and discard thyme sprigs. Toss with 1/4 of the dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with half of the remaining dressing. Add sliced raw cauliflower, sliced radishes, dried cranberries, and half of the toasted pine nuts. Mix well.
- To serve: Place greens on platter, top with roasted cauliflower and drizzle remaining dressing. Garnish with pine nuts and serve.