Enjoy the health benefits and flavor of sea bass by serving it over a bed of sautéed greens, olives, and onions.
Ingredients for Olive Pesto
- 1/2 cup large green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic chicken broth
Ingredients for Sea Bass
- 4, 5-6 oz sea bass filets
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black kalamata olives
- 4 cups swiss chard, trimmed and cut into 1 inch strips
- Zest and juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh lemon wedges
- Add all ingredients for pesto, except for olive oil and chicken broth, to food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add olive oil and chicken broth and process until just smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pat fish dry with paper towels and season lightly with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium heat until very hot. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and sear fish filets 3 minutes on each side until golden. Set aside.
- In another sauté pan, add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced red onion and sauté for 1 minute until softened. Add the black olives, chard, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until wilted and tender. Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Place seared fish in oven for 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- Place cooked fish on platter, arrange the chard around the sides, and top each piece of fish with a small amount of olive pesto. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.