This easy, one-skillet meal combines heart healthy shrimp with high fiber pasta, making for an all around healthy meal option.
- 12 oz high protein linguini (or spelt pasta)
- 16 oz cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 pound raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large, straight-sided skillet, combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper, flakes, basil, oil, salt, pepper, and water. Bring to a boil over high beat. Add pasta and stir frequently with tongs until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese and extra basil.