This versatile Thai-inspired recipe has everything you need for an easy, complete meal.
Ingredients for Bowl
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups red quinoa
- 1 pound grilled chicken, diced (or crispy tofu or grilled shrimp)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely shredded green or purple cabbage
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts for topping
Ingredients for Peanut Sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- To make peanut sauce, combine all ingredients except for fish sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat. Turn heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until thick. Stir in fish sauce and set aside.
- Reheat and mix cooked brown rice and cooked quinoa together, tossing lightly to mix.
- To assemble Buddha Bowl, add 1 cup quinoa-rice into bowl with 4 oz grilled chicken or tofu. Top with bean sprouts, shredded carrot, purple cabbage, chives, and crushed peanuts.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp peanut sauce and serve.