Moist, dense, and intense in lemon flavor, this cake is always a hit in the Wellness Kitchen. The Meyer lemon sweetness mixed with earthy rosemary make this cake delicious and unique.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 5 tsp meyer lemon zest
- 3 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute plus one whole egg)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 1/2 tsp meyer lemon juice
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment and coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and 4 tsp of lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, olive oil, sugar, buttermilk, and rosemary. Whisk thoroughly.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and whisk together. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes and remove the spring form pan.
- After cooling, poke the surface of the cake with a heavy fork. Mix together 1/4 cup powdered sugar with 1/4 Meyer lemon juice. Spoon mixture over the top of the cake letting it fill the holes.
- After cake has completely cooled, combine remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar with 2 1/2 tsp Meyer lemon juice. Coat the top of the cake with the glaze and sprinkle the remaining teaspoon of zest over the top.
- To serve, cut into wedges and garnish with fresh berries.