A simple, delicious dish that can be transformed into an entrée by adding grilled chicken or tofu for the perfect Thai fix.
Ingredients for Salad
- 8 oz fresh spaghetti or linguine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot, packed
- 4 green onions, sliced thin on a bias
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 1 yellow pepper, julienne
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
Ingredients for Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, all natural
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium, fat free
- 2 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
Directions for Salad
- Cook noodles in lightly salted water until al dente and drain. Toss with sesame oil to prevent sticking.
- Prep the carrots, green onions, red and yellow peppers, and romaine; place in a large bowl.
- Toss the noodles with the dressing and vegetables. Place on a serving platter. Garnish with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds.
Directions for Thai Peanut Dressing
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.