The honey-infused oranges and cardamom add the perfect amount of exotic flavor to this tasty dessert. The richness and decadence associated with traditional panna cotta but with fewer calories.
Ingredients for Orange Honey
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 2 tbsp. orange zest (blood orange, navel, or mandarin)
Ingredients for Panna Cotta
- 1 qt fat-free half and half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp. cardamom pods, crushed
- 6 gelatin sheets
- organic canola oil cooking spray
- 2 oranges, supremed
- 2 tsp sugar
Directions for Orange Honey
- Place honey and zest into a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Mix well.
Directions for Panna Cotta
- In large saucepan, combine half and half, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, and cardamom. Whisk ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Place over medium heat, bring to a boil, and immediately reduce to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit to develop flavor for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, cover gelatin sheets with cool water for 3-5 minutes to soften. Remove sheets from water and wring out any excess water.
- Place gelatin sheets into cream mixture and whisk to incorporate. Strain panna cotta through a fine mesh sieve.
- Pour into martini glasses or spray individual molds with cooking spray. Pour mixture into mold or glasses of choice and refrigerate for a minimum of 3-4 hours.
- Toss orange supremes with remaining 2 tsp sugar. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve: If using a mold, invert onto a serving plate by gently jiggling panna cotta out of mold. Garnish with orange segments and drizzle with 1 tbsp. of orange honey.