Just the right amount of sweet to be perfectly satisfying. The smooth creaminess of vanilla ice cream pairs nicely with the chewy, homemade peanut butter cookies.
Ingredients for Cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
Ingredients for Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray backing sheet with nonstick spray.
- Using an electric mixer, combine peanut butter with both brown and white sugars. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add egg and baking soda; mix for another 2 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Using fork, create crisscross pattern on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then let cool.
- Assemble the cookie sandwiches: Place a 2 oz. scoop of low-fat ice cream on the center of one cookie and place another cookie on top. Gently press together and repeat with remaining cookies.
- Place cacao nibs on a plate. Gently roll each cookie sandwich over the cacao nibs to lightly add to the sides of ice cream sandwich. Place ice cream sandwiches in a plastic container with tight lid and freeze until ready to serve.