So easy to make, this granola has less sugar and fat than most of the commercial varieties which often resemble crumbled oatmeal cookies. Your waistline will thank you as well as your taste buds. Be sure to measure your portion, it can be addictive! It’s delicious served as a topping over a bowl of fruit and yogurt or cottage cheese.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans or almonds, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil or fruity tasting olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine oats, nuts, coconut, brown sugar, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, microwave the honey for 1 minute; whisk in oil until smooth. Pour honey-oil mixture over oat mixture. Toss to combine.
- Bake until golden, about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.