Enjoy fresh summer peaches grilled hot next to a scoop of cool creamy ice cream. The perfect dessert for the hot summer days.
- 4 large, ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Amaretto
- To peel peaches easily, bring large saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and add fresh, ripe peaches. Remove from water in 2 minutes and let cool slightly. Slip peels off peaches, cut in half, and remove pit. Place peaches in large zip-lock bag or plastic container with lid. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place sugar in shallow bowl. Roll peaches in sugar, shaking off excess.
- Grill peaches, over medium-low heat until sugar is melted, about 3-4 minutes. Turn over and continue grilling 3 more minutes.
- Brush peaches with Amaretto (peaches will flame for a few seconds).
- Remove from grill and place peach half in serving dish, topped with small amount of lite vanilla ice cream.
Note: Can also grill nectarine halves, mango slices, and apricot halves.
Lite Cinnamon Ice Cream:
2 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Blend well and refreeze.