A healthier take on the traditional Cobb Salad, this recipe features a savory miso ranch dressing for an Asian-inspired twist.
Ingredients for Salad
- 8 cups little gem lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pieces nitrate-free turkey bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1/3 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. white miso
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 pinch ground cayenne
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 pinch kosher salt, or to taste
- Make the dressing: Combine the yogurt, mayo, and miso in a bowl. Stir with a fork until smooth. Add the buttermilk and stir. Add the rest of the ingredients and adjust taste as needed: more vinegar for pucker and thickness, more mayo or yogurt for richness and thickness, or more Dijon and cayenne for kick. Chill until serving.
- Make the salad: Combine lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, and egg in large mixing bowl and toss well with dressing. Top with crumbled feta cheese and serve cold.