- 3 boneless, skinless, organic chicken breasts
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, or to taste
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 mini corn torillsa
- organic olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups lettuce, finely shredded
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- 4 oz. crumbled cotija cheese
- Heat oven to 350° F
- In a large pot over medium heat, add chicken breast, half of the onion, garlic and enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
- Poach for 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat and set aside.
- To the poaching liquid, add tomatoes, bring to a boil. Cook until the tomatoes skins split open, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove tomatoes with slotted spoon. Place in a blender with chipotle peppers with sauce. Puree until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium heat add olive oil and saute the remaining onion until translucent.
- Add tomato mixture to pan with the sauted onions. Add the shredded chicken. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake in oven 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven.
- To serve: spoon chicken on each tortilla. Top with lettuce, 1 tbsp. guacamole and sprinkle with cotija cheese.